If you are in a situation where you have a mother-in-law or even father-in-law who hates you, it may be hard for you to decide what to give them as a Christmas gift.
If you have a mother-in-law who hates you, it may not be easy for you to think of a Christmas gift for her. But there are things that you can do to try to find the perfect gift for her. One of the most important things you can do is pick a gift showing her that you care about and appreciate her.
Here are 5 of our top suggestions on how to find a perfect gift for a Mother-in-law who may hate you:
The Best Gift Is To Show Your Mother-In-Law That You Care About Her
The best gift you can give your mother-in-law is to show her that you care about her. Here are some suggestions that you can consider:
- Flowers – If she loves flowers, you can go to a flower shop and specifically pick out for her flowers that you think she may love. You can get her favorite kind of flowers. This will show her that you did not just get her any flowers but something that she loves.
- Potted Plant – Some people do not like flowers but prefer potted plants or flowers. You can get services that will even send a potted plant every month. A company called Urban Stems has some great-looking plants; you can find out more by clicking here. Or, if you love to grow plants, you can grow a plant for her.
- Perfume – Perfume can be a personal choice, but if you know what brand and kind of perfume she loves, you can get her a nice gift set of her favorite perfume.
- Cashmere – Cashmere can also be a great gift, especially if your mother-in-law may be housebound and must stay home during some cold winter months.
Consider Any Hobbies Or Interests She May Have
Think of any interests or hobbies that your mother-in-law may have, then build your gift around those hobbies or interests. Here are some hobbies and interests that you could consider.
- Cooking Book And Supplies – There are some beautiful cookbooks; if she loves to cook, you can get a fascinating cookbook or some cooking supplies she may enjoy for her kitchen. For Christmas gadgets, we love Williams Sonoma as an excellent resource.
- Gardening – If she loves to garden, you can look to get her some gardening supplies or even fresh plants or a gardening gift card to buy some supplies.
- Yoga And Pilates – If she is into yoga and palates, you can look to get her something she can use for her yoga and pilates classes.
- Sailing Or Other Sports – If she is into sailing or another sport, you can give her something for that sport.
The idea is that you should try to understand your mother-in-law and see what she could be interested in, i.e., any of her hobbies or interests that she may have.
Find Something She Will Like
Find something that your mother-in-law will like. This also requires that you get to know her and understand her. If you have a strained relationship with your mother-in-law, this may not be easy and need you to investigate and ask around for an idea of things she will like.
If she does not like you, she may not acknowledge at first that you got her something she can use or like, but if you do this long enough, you may find that eventually, her heart will soften as she sees that you are consistently making an effort to try to find the perfect gift for her.
Think About Things Your Mother-In-Law Uses All The Time
If you are really at a loss of what to get your mother-in-law, then think about things she uses all the time and get her something she can use or something she will like. Most people will give you some signs of things they want when you go into their homes.
They may have some of their hobbies around the house, so you can get an idea of something she may use all the time or like and enjoy and then her some of those things. Getting the things she likes or can use shows that you have thought about the gift and care about her.
Make The Gift Personal
One of the most important things you can do is to make the gift personal. Even if your relationship with your mother-in-law is strained, you can still try to make the gift unique to show her that you care and are trying to improve your relationship.
To me, gift cards are not very personal, but if a gift card or cash is what she wants or will be happy with, you can still try to make the gift a bit unique. You can give the gift card together with another gift.
Here are some suggestions:
- Gift Card or Cash with some chocolates.
- Gift Card Or Cash with some flowers.
- Gift Card or Cash with something else your mother-in-law would appreciate.
If you have a mother-in-law who hates you, one of the most important things you can do when looking at a Christmas gift for her is to take some thought and time and get her something that is personal and shows her that you appreciate and care about her.
Finding a good gift for your mother-in-law may not solve all your problems with your mother-in-law, but it should help your relationship. It may take time for the relationship to improve, but if you consistently show her that you gave and did not just look at the gift list and pick something from it, you thought about what she may like and appreciate.
At A Bus On A Dusty Road, we talk about all things to do with travel, life, sailing, and ex-pat living. We are all about “Living Life As A Global Citizen.” We explore social, cultural, and economic issues and travel.
Subscribe to our A Bus On A Dusty Road YouTube Channel filled with great videos and information by clicking here.
How Long Did It Take to Build the Whole Great Wall of China?
The Great Wall of China took over 2,000 years to build. The building span over many Chinese Dynasties or for about 22 centuries. The construction of the wall ended in the Ming Dynasty in 1644. The Great Wall is one of the most significant human-made construction projects globally; the Great Wall is over 21,196 kilometers or 13,171 miles. There are over 25,000 watchtowers scattered throughout the Great Wall structure.
To know more about How Long Did It Take to Build the Whole Great Wall of China? by clicking here.
Are Hmong People And Mongol People Related?
The Hmong people are from China and have migrated over time to southeast Asia, including mainly Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, and Myanmar (Burma). The Mongols are also known as Mongolians, live mainly in Inner Mongolia (China) and Mongolia. The Hmong mainly live in the mountains, whereas the Mongols are nomadic herders.
Is It Safe To Visit Mongolia?
Mongolia is generally safe to visit, but there are specific safety precautions that you should take when you are traveling in Mongolia for any traveler. There are areas in the city you should be extra cautious when traveling. Also, if you are out in the countryside, there are safety concerns you need to be aware of.
You can find out more by reading our blog Is It Safe To Visit Mongolia? Staying Safe While Traveling Mongolia by clicking here.