Two of the major virtual fitness apps on the internet are the Conquer Virtual Challenge and the Pacer Virtual Challenge. As I am a fan of virtual challenges, I have done a virtual challenge from each of these challenges.
When I compared the Conquer Virtual Challenge and the Pacer Virtual Challenge, I looked at a few things, such as how easy it was to use their app. what kind of challenges they offered, their medals, and how easy it is virtually traveling with the challenges.
Below is our comparison between the Conquer Virtual Challenge and the Pacer Virtual Challenge and which one we prefer and why.
Comparing Virtual Challenge Apps
Both the Conquer Virtual Challenge and the Pacer Challenge have an app that you can download to record your challenges. They both offer a lot of the same basic features; you can connect a fitness app to their program so that your miles will record automatically.
I do a specific fitness challenge for a specific sport, so I will usually put my miles in manually. I enjoy getting on the app to see where I am on the map or how far I have gone.
Having used both the Conquer Virtual Challenge App and the Pacer Virtual Challenge app, here are some of my thoughts:
- Ease Of Use -I have found the Conquer Virtual Challenge much easier to use than the Pacer Challenge app. I just like the entire layout and format of the Conquer Virtual Challenge. On the Conquer Virtual Challenge app I like how I can see my miles on an Ipad, computer or phone. I usually look at and record my miles on the Ipad. I have really struggled a lot with the Pacer Challenge app; everything from having to update my miles to how to use the app. For ease of use I have found the Conquer Virtual Challenge app to be the clear winner.
- Viewing The Virtual Maps – Both of the apps have a map to show you where you are traveling, but I find the Conquer Virtual Challenge as an easier map to view than the Pacer Virtual Challenge. I really like the street view feature of the Conquer Virtual Challegne and how easy it is to use to and to see where you are using Google Street View. One of my favorite parts of the virtual challenges is be able to virutally see where I am traveling. For being able to view on the map where I am traveling the Conquer Virtual Chalenge is also a clear winner.
- Support – I have had to contact support for both the Conquer Virtual Challenge and the Pacer Virtual Challenge. I would have to say that the support for both companies was comparable and that they both answered me quite quickly and were to resolve my issues. Both the Conquer Virtual Challenge and the Pacer Virtual Challenge gave very good support.
- Changing Completition Dates – I have needed to change the completion date on both challenges. The Conquer Virtual Challenge makes it very easy to change the completition date. For the Pacer Virtual Challenge changing the compleiton dates became a huge issue and problem; I had to completely reset up the app and reset up the entire Pacer system. I appreciate how easy it was to change the target completion dates with the Conquer Virtual Chalenge.
- Connect To Fitness Apps – Both the Conquer Virtual Challenge and the Pacer Virtual Challenge allow you to connect your challenge with various fitness apps. I have personally not done this because as I mentioned I will manually put in any of my exercise miles for each specific challenge, but I do know of people who do this and it wrks great on the challenges. Both challenges allow you to connect up to fitness apps so that miles can be recorded automatically.
I have generally found using the Pacer Virtual App to be more difficult than the Conqueror Virtual Challenge app. I’m not too fond of the Pacer Virtual app because it is mainly a phone app, so it is a bit more difficult when I view it on my iPad. I did not view the Pacer Virtual App on my phone as viewing it on my phone was so small, so it was hard for me to really view and see everything.
Overall I prefer the Conquer Virtual Challenge app as it is more user-friendly than the Pacer Virtual Challenge App.
Variety And Offering Of Challenges
Both the Pacer Virtual Challenge and Conquer Virtual Challenge offer a lot of different medals and challenges. I notice that the Conqueror Virtual Challenge is constantly adding a lot of new medals into their mix. I like the fact that they are constantly adding new challenges.
We signed up for the Pacer Virtual Challenge because a friend and I both swam the Conquer Virtual Challenge English Channel challenge. We really loved this challenge because we swam the entire length of the English Channel. Once we finished the challenge, we looked for a shorter challenge; we could also swim and could not find one from the Conquer Virtual Challenge, so we decided to sign up for the Pacer Virtual Challenge for Easter Island.
We both commented that we wish the Conqueror Virtual Challenge had some more challenges that were shorter or more like the English Channel Challenge. Many of the Conquer Virtual Challenges are very long; if you are swimming an entire challenge, you want a challenge that is not so long.
I have some medals from the Conquer Virtual Challenge and the Pacer Virtual Challenge. I have to admit the Pacer Virtual Challenge gave me a very nice medal that came in a very nice box. The presentation for the Pacer Virtual medal was excellent.
I received the Pacer Virtual Challenge medal before completing the challenge. In other words, when you sign up for the challenge, the Pacer Virtual Challenge will send you the medal before you even complete the challenge.
I prefer how the Conqueror Virtual Challenge sends you the medal after you have completed the challenge. Psychologically I prefer getting the medal after completing the challenge. When I got the medal in the mail from the Conquer Virtual Challenge, I have a sense of pride that I had finished the challenge.
Virtual Travel With The Challenge
One of my favorite things about these virtual challenges is that I can virtually travel the world. I have really enjoyed learning about other parts of the world as I have joined these virtual challenges.
For the Pacer Virtual Challenge, most of the information about where I was traveling was on the app. I will be honest I looked at the information when I first signed up, but I didn’t read it very carefully.
For the Conquer Virtual Challenge, I appreciate how when I finish a certain amount of miles or go past a place of interest; the Conquer Virtual Challenge will send me a postcard to tell me all about where I had just virtually traveled.
I have really appreciated receiving a postcard or information about where I just virtually traveled. I have learned a lot about places that I did not know. I wish the Pacer Virtual Challenge had something similar so I could really learn about the places I was virtually traveling.
Choosing the Conquer Virtual Challenge
Overall I feel like the Conquer Virtual Challenge is a far better app and challenge than the Pacer Virtual Challenge; the Conquer Virtual Challenge has a much better app, has a lot of great medals, and is overall lust a great program and company to do a virtual challenge with.
As a bonus with the Conquer Virtual Challenge each time you complete 20% of your challenge they will plant a tree for you. I love that how I can do a virtual challenge and at the same time do some good by planting a few trees.
Sign Up For The Conquer Virtual Challenge Today!
My top pick between the Pacer Virtual Challenge Vs. the Conquer Virtual Challenge is the Conquer Virtual Challenge; the Conquer Challenge’s cost is very reasonable. The basic cost is $29.95 if you only want to do the challenge and get the medal. If you also want to include a T-shirt, it is $59.95. They also offer other kinds of merchandise.
As a bonus, The Conquer Virtual Challenge has a very active Facebook group. You can use Facebook to stay up-to-date on the news about the challenges and what others are doing. To join The Conquer Virtual Challenge Facebook page or discover more by clicking here. They have another Facebook page that is only for those who are actually on the challenge.
At A Bus On A Dusty Road, we talk about all things to do with travel, life, and ex-pat living. We would love to have you be part of our community. Sign up for our newsletter to keep up-to-date by clicking here. If you have any questions, you can welcome to contact me, Anita, by clicking here.
What Is A Virtual Challenge?
A virtual challenge is a challenge you do virtually by posting your mileage into an app or on your computer. You can run, walk, swim, cycle, step, or do any exercise at your own pace as you move along a specified route on a map. You can do it individually, as a team, or as a community.
You can learn more by reading What Is A Virtual Challenge? 11 Facts About Virtual Fitness Challenges by clicking here.
Is The Conqueror Virtual Challenge Legit?
The Conquer Virtual Challenge is 100% legit. Upon completing a challenge, you will receive a medal as an acknowledgment that you have completed the challenge. You can also pay extra to get a T-shirt or to purchase some other merchandise. Even though this challenge is 100% virtual, it is a great way to virtually experience other parts of the world.
You can discover more by reading Is The Conqueror Virtual Challenge Legit? 10 Things to Know And Understand by clicking here.